Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Traveling on JOW #919



I intended to make my jokes this week about politics, but the current political climate is so vituperative these days that most of the so called jokes were just excoriations.  I think things have not been this bad since the late ‘60’s.  What is so odd is that when you look around things are actually pretty good.  The world is mostly at peace and there is broad prosperity.  Maybe that is why we are so angry with each other.  The party on the outside has to convince everyone that things are terrible and we need to change.  Both sides hurl the worst deprecations at the other others.  This has been going on so long we the people begin to believe both sides.  Politics are so polarized today. I showed someone a photo of my son and his baby.  Before my progressive friend would admire it she wanted to know their opinion on Donald Trump.  I was talking with a friend who had a slightly different  political view on this, so I shot him.  At any rate I want to offer a toast to all the people who disagree with my politics but haven’t unfriended me… yet.
Since I have a road trip coming up I began with some travel jokes:
````````````````````
I was driving with my friend. We come to a red light and he speeds up and whips right through it. I start freaking out "Hey man, you’re going to get us killed!"
He replies "Relax, my brother drives like this." We come to another red light and he blazes right through. "You're going to get arrested or get us killed!"
"Relax this is how my brother drives." We come to a green light he stops dead looking both ways.
"Dude, its green you can go."
"Nah man, my brother might be coming the other way."
>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<< 
Young riders pick a destination and go... Old riders pick a direction and go.
……………………
A man vacations on a tropical island, and the first thing he hears are the drums. He goes to the beach and hears the drums; he eats lunch, he hears the drums; he tries to sleep, he can’t—drums. Finally he storms over to the manager. “I’ve had it! Can’t you stop those drums?” he begs.
“No!” says the manager. “It’s very bad if the drums stop.”
“Why?”
“When the drums stop, the bass solo begins.”
-----------------
I understand that Canada is legalizing marijuana.  Will they change the Maple Leaf on their flag to Cannabis Leaf?
===================
The cows returned to the marijuana field.  It was a case of the pot calling the cattle back.

A couple of leftover doctor jokes:
A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office.
 "Is it true," she wanted to know, "that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?"
 'Yes, I'm afraid so,"' the doctor told her.
 There was a moment of silence before the senior lady replied, "I'm wondering, then, just how serious is my condition because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'."
 ***********************
 An older gentleman was on the operating table awaiting surgery and he insisted that his son, a renowned surgeon, perform the operation.
 As he was about to get the anesthesia, he asked to speak to his son. 
 "Yes, Dad, what is it?"
 "Don't be nervous, son; do your best, and just remember, if it doesn't go well, if something happens to me, your mother is going to come and live with you and your wife...."
##########
It was the end of the school year, and a kindergarten teacher was receiving gifts from her pupils.
The florist's son handed her a gift. She shook it, held it overhead, and said, "I bet I know what it is. Flowers."
"That's right!" the boy said, "But, how did you know?"
"Oh, just a lucky guess," she said.
The next pupil was the sweet shop owner's daughter. The teacher held her gift overhead, shook it, and said, "I bet I can guess what it is. A box of sweets."
"That's right, but how did you know?" asked the girl.
"Oh, just a wild guess," said the teacher.
The next gift was from the son of the liquor storeowner. The teacher held the package overhead, but it was leaking. She touched a drop off the leakage with her finger and put it to her tongue. "Is it wine?" she asked.
"No," the boy replied, with some excitement. The teacher repeated the process, tasting a larger drop of the leakage.
"Is it champagne?" she asked.
"No," the boy replied, with more excitement. The teacher took one more taste before declaring, "I give up, what is it?"
With great glee, the boy replied, "It's a puppy!" SURPRISE!

Finally, I need to slip this joke in…
Tim works at Whole Foods. He usually helps outside, but sometimes he comes in and helps bag groceries when the lines are long at the cash registers. Whole Foods also has a juice bar where customers can get freshly-made vegetable and fruit juices.
Tim asked if he could help out there when the lines get too long, but was told he could not, due to company policy:
Baggers can't be juicers.



No comments: