Monday, January 10, 2022

Fat and Sassy JOW #1116

I am still writing books.  Recently, I decided to kill off some characters in the book I am writing.  It should definitely spice up my autobiography.  Actually I accidentally glued myself to my autobiography.  Believe it or not, that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.  My jokes this week reflect my recent experience at being old and fat.

 

My friend Tor tried calling the Tinnitus helpline. No answer. Just kept ringing.

 

This pandemic crisis seems like two years ago.  There is a simple explanation: 2022 is 2020 too.

 

Some good old life lessons from Dick

·         At this point in my life, "drinking responsibly" means don't spill it.

·         Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 pm is the new midnight.

·         It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.

·         The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

·         When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.

·         I remember being able to get up without making sound effects

·         I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

·         Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.

·         When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.

·         I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.

·         These days, I run like the winded.

·         When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"

·         When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?

·         Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.

·         My luck is like a bald guy who just won a comb.

 

Lately I have been looking in the mirror and asking myself: Does this body make me look fat? Who knew 40 years of neglect would have repercussions?

===

This chef on TV just said, “Where there’s fat, there’s flavor”. I know he was talking about food, but I still took it as a compliment.”

+++

You are what you eat. So, you should really give up the nuts.

```

A friend of mine had resisted efforts to get him to run with our jogging group until his doctor told him he had to exercise. Soon thereafter, he reluctantly joined us for our 6:30 a.m. jogs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. After a month of running, we decided that my friend might be hooked, especially when he said he had discovered what "runner's euphoria" was. "Runner's euphoria," he explained, "is what I feel at 6:30 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays."

<<< 

Scene: A sports store.

Me: Do you have jogging shorts?

Clerk: We have running shorts. How fast were you planning on going? 

 

Starting that diet:

Kimberly announced that she had started a diet to lose some pounds she had put on recently.

"Good!" her friend exclaimed. "I'm ready to start a diet too. We can be dieting buddies and help each other out. When I feel the urge to drive out and get a burger and fries, I'll call you first."

"Great!" Kimberly replied. "I'll ride with you."

 

Eating healthier:

The teacher in our Bible class asked a woman to read from the Book of Numbers about the Israelites wandering in the desert. “The Lord heard you when you wailed, 'If only we had meat to eat!' she began. “Now the Lord will give you meat. You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, or ten or twenty days, but for a month—until you loathe it.”

When the woman finished, she paused, looked up, and said, "Hey, isn't that the Atkins diet?"

 

An exercise for people who are out of shape:

Begin with a five-pound potato bag in each hand. Extend your arms straight out from your sides, hold them there for a full minute, and then relax. After a few weeks, move up to ten-pound potato bags. Then try 20-pound potato bags, and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 50-pound potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

^^^^

When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.

Of course, my grandpa always used to say “as one door closes, another opens”.  He was a lovely man. A terrible cabinet maker.

~~~~

My grandfather always use to say “It’s worth it to spend money on good speakers.”

That was some sound advice.

````

My dad said people shouldn’t get ribbons just for participating because it rewards them for losing.

So I took down his confederate flag.

 

Article on the neighborhood website

Need a new home for a dog.  It is a small terrier that barks all the time.  If interested, let me know and I will jump over my neighbor’s fence and get it for you.

 

Mark Zuckerberg has concluded his research into rating every woman on Earth and has now shut down Facebook.  Thank you for your cooperation.

And at last some food for thought

I just saw this older movie where the mother is brutally killed by a cold blooded killer and the son is crippled. Then there's a twist and the son is kidnapped the father begins a quest to find and save his son with the help of a mental ill female.
It’s called Finding Nemo


No comments: