Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Snappy JOW #1164

 My offerings this week are all short, simple one liners; mostly puns.  Blame it on Tor.  He set me off by sending me a pun.  It was a version of the old saw about explorers finding a hermit alone in a barren, sandy desert living in a simple shack with only a table, chair, and bed, with an old calendar on the wall. 

“How do you survive out here without supplies?” they asked.

“Very easy,” the hermit replied. “I get water from the bed springs, eat the dates from the calendar, and of course the sand which is here.”

Like I said, blame Tor.  Here are some quick, snappy jokes for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic

 

What’s the difference between a hippo and a zippo? One is really heavy and the other is a little lighter

 

Last night, I dreamed I was swimming in an ocean of orange soda. But it was just a Fanta sea

 

There was a kidnapping at school yesterday. Don’t worry, though - he woke up

 

A backward poet writes inverse 

 

What do you get when you mix alcohol and literature? Tequila mockingbird

 

What washes up on tiny beaches? Microwaves

 

"I have a split personality," said Tom, being frank.

 

I renamed my iPod The Titanic, so when I plug it in, it says “The Titanic is syncing.”

 

How does an attorney sleep? First he lies on one side, then he lies on the other

 

What would you get if you'd put a lawyer in a suit? A lawsuit

 

I hate how funerals are at 9 a.m. I’m not really a mourning person

A man’s home is his castle, in a manor of speaking 

 

I saw an ad for burial plots, and I thought: “That’s the last thing I need!”

 

He who laughs last thinks slowest

 

The machine at the coin factory just suddenly stopped working, with no explanation. It doesn’t make any cents

 

What kind of concert only costs 45 cents? A 50 Cent concert featuring Nickelback.

 

To the guy who invented zero, thanks for nothing.

 

What was Forrest Gump’s email password? 1forrest1

 

Smaller babies may be delivered by stork but the heavier ones need a crane.

 

My friend drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how his Mercedes bends.

 

My sister bet that I couldn’t build a car out of spaghetti. You should’ve seen her face when I drove pasta.

 

Never discuss infinity with a mathematician, they can go on about it forever.

 

My wife tried to apply at the post office but they wouldn’t letter. They said only mails work here.

 

I just found out that I'm color blind. The news came completely out of the green!

 

Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink!

 

I don’t want to go to a nude beach. I’m too clothes-minded!

Dijon vu - the same mustard as before 

 

Hear about the new restaurant called Karma? There’s no menu - you get what you deserve

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion 

Practice safe eating - always use condiments 


I tried to sue the airline for losing my luggage. I lost my case


Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death 

A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy 

A hangover is the wrath of grapes 

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell? 

 

Jill broke her finger today, but on the other hand she was completely fine

Reading while sunbathing makes you well red 

When two egoists meet, it's an I for an I 

What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway) 

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana 

In democracy your vote counts; in feudalism your count votes 

She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg, but broke it off 

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion 

If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed 

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress 

When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds 

You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it 

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under

He often broke into song because he couldn't find the key 

Every calendar's days are numbered 

A lot of money is tainted - It taint yours and it taint mine 

A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat 

He had a photographic memory but it never developed 

A plateau is a high form of flattery 

 

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end 

Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall 

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis 

 

Exercise makes you look better naked.  So does alcohol.  Your choice.

I thought my dryer made my clothes shrink.  Turns out it was the refrigerator

 

I am back on a diet.  I have to remove all the ‘bad’ foods from my house and it is taking me a long time to eat that much.

 

I am on a food for thought diet where all I do is think about food.

 

When the past, present, and future go camping they always argue. It's intense tense in tents.

 

Comparison is the thief of joy.

 

And finally some thoughts to ponder.

Could a librarian be called a bookkeeper?

referee be a game warden?

dairyman be a cowboy?

cabinetmaker be the president?

librarian be called a bookkeeper?

referee be a game warden?

dairyman be a cowboy?

cabinetmaker be the president?

 

No comments: