Monday, May 6, 2013

May or Not JOW #630



Here it is early May and I have already used up my best Cinco de Mayo joke a couple of weeks ago.  I did hear someone on Saturday, 4 May say, ‘May the Fourth be with you.” And that Star Wars reference got me wondering what would come next?  ‘Revenge of the 5th?’  Of course those jokes would be better with a nerdy lisp.  I did not say they would be “good” only better.

Before the jokes, an observation that as an author I find to be distressingly accurate.
“What Orwell feared were those who would ban books.  What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.”  Neil Postman who wrote Amusing Ourselves to Death
Woops…time to update my Facebook status… Tweet you later…  or maybe an email or Skype

My sisters submitted a couple of inputs to the JOW and I am pleased to include them in this week’s offering.

·         Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
·         I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
·         Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
·         The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
·         In the 60's, people took drugs to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take other drugs to make it normal.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
A woman received a call that her daughter was sick. She stopped by the pharmacy to get medication, got back to her car and found that she had locked her keys inside. The woman found an old rusty coat hanger left on the ground.  She looked at it and said "I don't know how to use this."
She bowed her head and asked God to send her HELP.
Within 5 minutes a beat up old motorcycle pulled up. A bearded man who was wearing an old biker skull rag got off of his cycle and asked if he could help.  She said: "Yes, my daughter is sick. I’ve locked my keys in my car. I must get home. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?"
He said "Sure."He walked over to the car, and in less than a minute the car was open.
She hugged the man and through tears said "Thank You SO Much! You are a very nice man."
The man replied "Lady, I am NOT a nice man. I just got out of PRISON yesterday; I was in prison for car theft."
The woman hugged the man again sobbing, "Oh, thank you God! You even sent me a Professional!" 

Dick just sent this to me – it is one I have not heard before

 A couple was Christmas shopping at the mall on Christmas Eve and the
 mall was packed.   As the wife walked through the mall she was surprised to look up and
 see her husband was nowhere around.  She was quite upset because they had a lot to do.
 Because she was so worried, she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he was.
 In a calm voice, the husband said, "Honey, you remember the jewelry store we went into about 5 yrs ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we could not afford and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"
 The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I remember that jewelry store."
 He said, "Well,..... I'm in the Golf store right next to it."

This is from Tom and so is politically incorrect

Sue Wong marries Lee Wong   The next year, the Wongs have a new baby.
The nurse brings out a lovely, healthy, bouncy, but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.
'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents. 'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?' The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, 'Well, two Wong's don't make a white, so I think we will name him..
Sum Ting Wong      








No comments: