Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Just a Super JOW #1015



The Big Game is this Sunday.  I am not sure if it is worth praying about.  I mean the Patriots aren’t going to the Super Bowl and that’s about all we can ask of God at the moment.  Besides, last year’s Super Bowl was pretty boring.  At the half it was Maroon 5 Patriots 3 Rams 0.  With enough chips and beverages I guess the watching football is as good a way to pass a dreary Sunday afternoon as any, I guess.  But it is a Big Deal, and thus worthy of some jokes.
-------------
What's infinite times better than the Super Bowl?
The Hyperbole
````````
So, there's the Super Bowl.
After that, there's the Mega Bowl.
Then, after that, there's the Giga Bowl.
Any more than that, though, would just be Tera Bowl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A friend bought Super Bowl tickets last year, but he didn't realize when he bought them it was going to be on the same day as his wedding.  Now he is looking for someone to take his place.  If you are interested, it's at Temple of God Church, in Lexington at 3pm. Bride’s name is Beth.  She'll be the one in the white dress.
^^^^^^^
>>>>>>>> 
What do you call an Atlanta Falcons player with a Super Bowl ring?
A thief.
<<<<<<<<<< 
The Dallas Cowboys had just finished their daily practice session when a large turkey came strutting onto the field.  While the players looked on in amazement, the turkey walked up to the head coach and demanded to be given a chance to play at tight end.
Everyone stared in silence and wonder as the turkey caught pass after pass and ran right through the defensive line. When the turkey returned to the sidelines, the coach said, "You're superb. Sign up for the season, and I'll see to it that you get a huge bonus."
"Forget the bonus," replied the turkey, "What I want to know is, does your season go past Thanksgiving Day?"
+++++++
Q: What do Cowboys fans do after they win the Super Bowl?
A: Turn off the XBox.
==========
A Cleveland Browns fan finds a magical lamp.
The fan rubs the lamp and a genie emerges.
Genie: "I am the all-powerful genie and I will grant you one wish!"
Fan: "That's easy, I want to live forever!"
Genie: "That's an impossible wish that I cannot grant."
Fan: "Okay then, I want to live long enough to see the Cleveland Browns win the super bowl."
Genie: "You clever bastard... "
-----------
Ever wonder why Houston Texan fans are so rich?
Because they never have to pay for super bowl tickets!

More contradictory thoughts
Embracing radical simplicity has improved my life in 18 different ways.

I want to genuinely apologize now for turning out to be so insincere later on.

I am ready to feel genuine remorse if that will get me off the hook.

I stopped neurotically clinging to the past at 11:08 AM on March 11th, 2018.

There is a 50/50 chance that I am probably wrong.

I am not doing much to alleviate the suffering of humanity other than transferring some of mine to you.

Most of the things I worried about never came to pass.  It was the all the things I never saw coming.

Can’t we all agree that the idea of consensus is an illusion?

We are all moving together as one toward the same destination.  Which is why there is this traffic jam.

If you aren’t one of those people who ‘fake it till you make it’ just pretend you are.

We don’t have to be in the same room to feel the love we share.  In fact, sometimes it’s often better if we aren’t
+++++++
A turtle is crossing the road when he’s mugged by two snails. When the police show up, they ask him what happened. The shaken turtle replies, “I don’t know. It all happened so fast.”

·         The easiest time to add insult to injury is when you’re signing somebody’s cast.
·         Sometimes you meet people who change your life for the better.  These people are called bartenders.

Ron put things pretty well:
 Could not ask for better friends.  I suppose I could ask for more normal ones but then life would be far too dull.

A final off topic joke
The doctor says, “Larry, everything looks great. How are you doing mentally and emotionally? Are you at peace with God?”
Larry replies, “God and I are tight. He knows I have poor eyesight, so He’s fixed it so when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, poof! The light goes on. When I’m done, poof! The light goes off.”
“Wow, that’s incredible,” the doctor says.
A little later in the day, the doctor calls Larry’s wife.
“Bonnie,” he says, “Larry is doing fine! But I had to call you because I’m in awe of his relationship with God. Is it true that he gets up during the night, and poof, the light goes on in the bathroom, and when he’s done, poof, the light goes off?”
“Oh, no,” exclaims Bonnie. “He’s peeing in the refrigerator again!”



No comments: