Monday, August 17, 2020

Another Dog Day JOW #1044

The days of mid-August are called the Dog Days, named after the Dog Star, Sirius.  These are considered the hottest, most miserable days of the year.  In my mind, the dog days of August are only good if they are chili cheese dogs.  Every year at this time I do dog-themed jokes of the week.  Recently I got my dogs collars with their names on them.  Yes, my high-tech dogs have collar I.D.

Before I begin with the dog jokes, I have one Covid joke and one hot weather observation.

 

Mike has decided that fencing is the perfect Covid 19 sport.  Everybody wears masks and gloves and if anyone gets too close you stab them.

 

Mary reminded me that the seasons in east Texas are:

Winter

Spring

Summer

Summer

Still summer

Hell’s anteroom

Still summer

Fal… Nope – still summer

Fall-ish

Summer again

Finally - Fall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The real reason why old dogs can’t learn new tricks is because they end up eating all their homework from obedience school.

 

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It’s hardly ever for them.

 

My wife and I began to long for the pitter-patter of little feet, so we got a dog. It’s cheaper, and you get more feet. 

 

For a long time, my baseball coach wanted to recruit my dog to the team. I guess it was because my dog always got walked.

 

Be aware that if you buy a dog from a blacksmith, as soon as he gets to the home he’ll make a bolt for the door.

 

Rodney Dangerfield dog jokes:

·         The other day I looked up my family tree.  A dog was peeing on it.

·         People say my dog and I look alike.  When he heard that he ran away.

·         I tell ya, my dog is lazy. He don't chase cars. He sits on the curb and takes down license plate numbers.

^^^^

Two dog owners are arguing about whose pet is smarter. “My dog is so smart,” says the first owner, “that every morning he goes to the store and buys me a sesame seed bagel with chive cream cheese, stops off at Starbucks and picks me up a mocha latte, and then comes home and turns on ESPN, all before I get out of bed.”

“I know,” says the second owner. 

“How do you know?” the first demands.

“My dog told me.”

>>>>>>> 

Two racehorses are in a stable. One says to the other, “You know, before that last race …”

“The one that you won?” asks the other horse.

“Yeah, before that race, I felt a pinch in my hindquarters.” The other horse says,

“Funny, I felt a pinch in my hindquarters before the race that I won.”

A dog walking by says, “You idiots, you’re being doped. They’re injecting you with a drug to make you faster!”

The first horse turns to the other and says, “Hey, a talking dog!”

Dog riddles

Q: How are a dog and a marine biologist alike? A: One wags a tail and the other tags a whale.

 

Q: What do you get when you have a dog with an abacus? A: A friend you can count on.

 

Q: How do dog catchers get paid? A: By the pound.

>>>>>>> 

"For sale: Eight puppies from a German shepherd and an Alaskan hussy."

--------

A Canadian psychologist is selling a video that teaches you how to test your dog's IQ. Here’s how it works: If you spend $12.99 for the video, your dog is smarter than you.

A doggie medical story

When our dog lapped up anti-freeze, the veterinarian ordered a unique treatment: an IV drip mixing fluids with vodka. "Go buy the cheapest bottle you can find," he told me. At the liquor store, I was uneasy buying cheap booze so early in the day, and I felt compelled to explain things to the clerk. "Believe it or not," I said, "this is for a sick dog."

As I was leaving, the next customer plunked down two bottles of muscatel and announced, "These are for my cats."

========

The dogs next door get a little noisy, so one day somebody called animal control to complain. When the officers arrived, I heard my neighbor tell them, "Hey, dogs bark. It's human nature."

____________

 A dog walks into a job center, walks up to the receptionist and says. “I’m looking for a job.”

 ‘Wow, a talking dog,’ says the clerk. ‘With your talent I’m sure we can find you a gig in the circus.’

‘The circus?’ says the dog. ‘What does a circus want with a plumber?

And finally, one of my favorite jokes.

A drunk staggers into a bar followed by a nondescript dog.

“Hey,” shouted the barkeep, “get that dog out of here.”

“Wait,” objected the drunk as he plopped on one of the barstools “This dog can talk.”

“Get out of here.”

“No, really.  Let me prove it.  I will ask him a question and the dog will answer.  Watch.”  The dog hopped on to the stool next to him and looked at his tipsy master.  As the large bartender glowered he drunk concentrated and then turned to the dog.  “Dog, what is on top of a house?”

“Roof.”

The bartender was not amused, and prepared to eject the drunk and his dog.

“Wait, that was too easy,” protested the drunk.  “Let me try again.  Dog, how does sandpaper feel?”

“Ruff.”

The bartender is getting pretty steamed by now but the drunk puts him off with one more question.  “Dog, who was the greatest baseball player that ever lived?”

“Ruth.”

The barkeep was not amused. He grabbed the man by seat of his pants and threw him out onto the street.  The drunk pulled himself up and sat on the curb.  The dog trotted out of the bar and sat beside him.

The man looked at the dog.  The dog looked at the man.  The dog said, “DiMaggio?” 

 

 

No comments: