Tuesday, February 28, 2023

This and That JOW #1171

I don’t have a particular theme for my jokes this week.  I am instead including a collection of mostly short little bits for you.  Enjoy.

++++++

Gee, it’s train derailment season and I still have be my balloon decorations up.

 

They all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now! Wait…

 

Women’s roofing exposition.  All the shingle women will be there.

 

Did you ever wonder why the two ‘o’s in ‘cooperate’ are pronounced differently

 

I just bought a new thesaurus.  The pages were blank.  I had no words.

 

There is a thin line between the numerator and the denominator

 

My friend told me she wouldn’t eat beef tongue because it came out of a cow’s mouth.  So I gave her an egg.

 

I have a chicken proof lawn.  It’s impeccable.

 

Never run with bagpipes. You might bet kilt.

 

I think youngsters should think about the kind of world they are going to leave for Keith Richards and Willy Nelson.

 

A Hispanic magician did his trick.  Standing on the stage he called out “Uno, Dos”.  *Poof*  He disappeared without a “Tres”.

 

I got a bunch of people who showed up at my door claiming that I need to be saved or I would burn.  Stupid firefighters.

 

When a baby crawls across the floor to get its bottle it’s cute.  When I do it it’s ‘time for an intervention.’

 

What sits at the bottom of the sea and twitches? A nervous wreck.

 

What do you call a woman who sets fire to all her bills? Bernadette.

 

I was kidnapped by mimes once. They did unspeakable things to me.

 

I saw Usain Bolt sprinting around the track shouting, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" It was a running joke.

 

 

Cell phones are better than the old land lines, but…..  I miss slamming the phone down on somebody.  Violently pressing ‘end call’ just doesn’t do it for me.

 

IF the earth was flat, cats would have already pushed everything off of it.

 

Insomniac Descartes- I think, therefore I cannot sleep

 

I have a Canadian friend who was such a heavy drinker he drank Canady Dry

 

What did the full glass say to the empty glass? "You look drunk."

 

Did you hear about the Italian chef who died? He pasta-way.

 

You're not completely useless. You can always serve as a bad example.

 

Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.

 

What's the difference between a hippo and a Zippo? One is really heavy, and the other is a little lighter.

 

What do the movies Titanic and The Sixth Sense have in common? Icy dead people.

 

When you die, what part of the body dies last? The pupils… they dilate.

 

You know there's no official training for trash collectors? They just pick things up as they go along.

 

Five easy steps to improve your attitude.

1.      Stand up

2.      Stretch

3.      Take a walk

4.      Board a plane

5.      Fly to Key West

6.      Never return

 

Alien abduction is about the only chance I have for a vacation, now.

 

How much would it take to obtain a singing ensemble?

You mean a choir?

Fine.  How much would it take to *acquire* a singing ensemble?

 

I just saw a coloring book for lazy people.  It was a penguin, a zebra, and a panda – in a snow storm.

 

A friend of mine went bald years ago but still carries around an old comb. He just can't part

"I stand corrected!" said the man in the orthopedic shoes.

 

Bad first date conversation.

Her: I love animals

Him: I work with animals.

Her; Oh, are you a vet?

Him: No, I’m a butcher.

 

Patient - I’m having trouble hearing lately

Doctor - Can you describe the symptoms?

Patient - Let’s see.  Homer is the fat one and his wife Marge has blue hair.

 

I lost some of the fingers of my right hand in an accident.  I asked the doctor if I could still write with it.

“Perhaps, but I wouldn’t count on it.”

Free falling jokes

Give a man a plane ticket and he will fly for a day.  Push a man out of a plane and he will fly for the rest of his life.

 

What's the difference between a golfer and a skydiver? A golfer goes whack "darn" and a skydiver goes "darn" whack.

 

A couple of semi-religious jokes to wrap it up.

Friedrich Nietzsche Dies. As he ascends to heaven, he begins to get worried that he might be wrong about atheism.

He gets even more worried when he finally reaches heaven, and it looks just like how all those religious people said it would.

Then an old man with a big white beard comes up to him, and says, “I’m God, looks like you were wrong about me.”

Nietzsche replies, “Not at all. If you’re up here in heaven, too, that just proves everything that I wrote is correct. God is dead!”

~~~~~

A donut walks into a church, approaches the priest and explains, “Excuse me, Father, I don’t mean to trouble you, but I’m very interested in joining the clergy. I was hoping that you could give me some pointers.”

The priest, after taking a moment to accept the fact that he’s speaking with a pastry, offers a warm smile in response.

“That is truly a noble calling,” he says. “Most frequently, individuals who wish to become priests begin by growing active in their parish, then entering a seminary. While in attendance there, would-be clergy members work to excel in every regard, reaffirming their beliefs and devoting themselves to the path of righteousness. When the time comes, a given initiate will be ordained as a deacon, which will allow them passage to the priesthood.”

“That sounds like a very involved process,” the donut confesses. “I’m not sure I have the time.”

“If you don’t mind me asking...” replies the priest. “What made you think you wanted to join the clergy if you’re not willing to commit to the process? Why do you want to be a priest at all?”

“Well...” the donut answers. “See, it’s because I’m holey.”

 


No comments: