Monday, May 1, 2017

Case of the missing JOW #862



You might have noticed there was no JOW last week.  This is because I drove the 1100 miles from Chinle, Arizona to The Woodlands and back last week. There were some things I had to do/pickup back home.  On my way back to Arizona last Friday, I was somewhat dismayed to find myself driving through sleet and snow; in late April.  I usually don’t have weather like that in April unless I am backpacking with Dave. 
Living in an RV trailer can be comfortable.  Perhaps cozy would be a better word.  If we do not quite have all the comforts of our house we certainly have enough of them.  Of course, a trailer can get cold up here this time of year – as Ruth reminded me a few times.  With all this going on, I thought to come up with some jokes related to RV’s. 
-------------------------
Knock, Knock
Who’s there?
RV
RV who?
RV there yet?
^^^^^^^^^^^
Redneck RV definition - Rectum: “I had two RV’s before I rectum.

Which got me thinking about redneck jokes.
The sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his class C motorhome into the ditch in Kentucky. The sheriff asked, "What'r you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don't you see that sign right over your head".
"Yep", he replied. 'That's why I dumping it here, 'cause it says 'Fine For Dumping Garbage'".
…………………………………
Q: How is a divorce in Arkansas like a tornado?
A: Somebody is going to lose a trailer

The colonel, the Army one, not the Air Force one, sends me a lot of good stuff.  Here are few redneck bits:
You're An EXTREME Redneck When
1. You let your 14-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
2. The Blue Book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas is in it.
3. You've been married three times and still have the same in-laws.
4. You think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a different night.
5. You wonder how service stations keep their rest-rooms so clean.
6. Someone in your family died right after saying, ‘Hey, guys, watch this.’
7. You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.
8. Your wife’s hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan.
9. Your junior prom offered day care.
10. You think the last words of the Star-Spangled Banner are ‘Gentlemen, start your engines.’
11. You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels.
12. The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your spouse.
13. You have to go outside to get something from the fridge.
14. One of your kids was born on a pool table.
15. You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.
16. You can't get married to your sweetheart because there’s a law against it.
17. You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk

Some unrelated bits.
A woman sued a hospital saying that after his surgery her husband has surgery he lost all  interest in sex.
The hospital replied that all the man had just had cataract surgery.  “All we did was correct his vision.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read that by law you have to turn on your lights when it is raining in Sweden.  How the hell am I supposed to know if it is raining in Sweden?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had a bad day.  First, my ex got run over by a bus.  Then I got fired from my job as a bus driver.
************
I wasn’t planning on going for a run today, but man! Those cops came out of nowhere.

From Ric the accountant:
Why does Sherlock Holmes pay so little income tax?
Because he is a master of deduction.

Finally here is a story about a happy marriage.
There once was a man and a woman who had been married for more than 60 years. They talked about everything. They kept no secrets from each other except that the old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she cautioned her husband never to open it or ask her about it.
For all these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said it was time to put her affairs in order. The little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed it was time that he should know what was in the box.
When he opened it he found 2 beautifully crocheted doilies and a stack of money totaling over $2500. He asked her about the unusual contents.
“When we were married," she said, " my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doily.”
The little old man was so moved, he had to fight back tears. Only two precious doilies were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with joy and happiness.
“Sweetheart," he said "that explains the doilies, but what about all this money? Where did it all come from?”
“Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the doilies.”

No comments: