Monday, April 2, 2018

Post Op JOW #908


I had my surgery to repair the ruptured tendon on my right knee. The operation went well, but I will be hobbling around for a few weeks, especially since I have a full leg hard splint on.  I have been limping along since I tore the tendon on my second full day in Israel, but the difference is that I will now be healing.  I guess I have reached that point in my life where I will no longer identify my knees as left or right; it’s the good one and bad one.
Here are some topical jokes while I sit with my leg extended perfectly straight.

A man who had just undergone a knee operation kept complaining about a bump on his head and a terrible headache.  Since his operation had been on his knee, there was no earthly reason why he should be complaining of a headache.
Finally his nurse, fearing that the man might be suffering from some post-operative shock, spoke to the doctor about it.
The doctor assured the nurse, "Don't worry about a thing.  He really does have a bump on his head. About halfway through the operation we ran out of anesthetic."
`````````````````````````
The best doctor in the world is the veterinarian. He can’t ask his patients what is the matter – he’s got to just know.
– Will Rogers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A mother complained to her consultant about her daughter’s strange eating habits.
“All day long she lies in bed and eats yeast and car wax. What will happen to her?”
“Eventually,” said the consultant, “she will rise and shine.”

Some actual transcriptions of medical notes.
·         On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
·         The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
·         Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.
·         Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
·         While in ER, Eva was examined, x-rated and sent home.
·         Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
·         Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
·         The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed.
·         Mrs. Evans slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.
·         Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Jones, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
·         The patient refused autopsy.
·         The patient has no previous history of suicides.
·         She is numb from her toes down.
·         She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
·         Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
·         Examination of genitalia has revealed that he is circus-sized.
·         Patient was found in bed with her power mower.
·         She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was hot in bed last night.

Previous day Zach went to the doctor for his yearly physical control. His blood pressure was too high, his cholesterol was too high, He’d gained some weight, and he didn’t feel so hot.
Zach’s doctor said eating right doesn’t have to be complicated and it would solve his physical problems. He said just think in colors. Fill your dish with bright colors: greens, yellows, reds and more.
Zach went right home and ate an entire bowl of M&M’s and sure enough, he felt better immediately. He never knew eating right could be so easy.
And some non-medical jokes:
*On a cold winter morning, wife texts husband:*
*"WINDOWS FROZEN, WON'T OPEN"*
*Husband texts back:*
*"POUR SOME LUKEWARM WATER OVER IT AND TAP *GENTLY ALONG THE EDGES WITH A HAMMER"*
*Five minutes later wife texts husband:*
*"COMPUTER REALLY SCREWED UP NOW"*
-------------------------
A Russian arrives in New York City as a new immigrant to the United States. It's 11:00 AM on a Wednesday.
He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr. American for letting me come into this country, giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care, and a free education!"
The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am from the Middle East and here illegally."
The man goes on and encounters another passerby. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America."
The person says, "I not American, I Vietnamese and here on a Green Card that expired two years ago."
The new arrival walks farther and stops the next person he sees, then shaking his hand, and says, "Thank you for wonderful America!” That person puts up his hand and says, "I am I am not American. I am a Mexican. It is easy to get here via Arizona."
He finally sees a nice lady and asks, "Are you an American?"
She says, "No, I am from Ireland here on an Education Green Card that expired 10 years ago."
Puzzled, he asks her, "Where are all the Americans?"
The Irish lady checks her watch and says:  "Probably at work."
-----------------
Who says building a wall won’t work.  The Chinese built a wall 2000 years ago and they still
don’t have any Mexicans

And finally, a touching story from Bill,
A young man shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around.  If he stopped, she stopped.  Furthermore she kept staring at him.
She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."
He answered, "That's okay." 
 She then said, "I know it's silly, but if you'd call out 'Good bye, Mom' as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy." 
She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mom."
The little old lady waved and smiled back at him.
Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries.
"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.. 
"How come so much?  I only bought 5 items." 
The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too"  


No comments: