Thursday, November 4, 2021

Grab bag JOW #1106

I have returned from my Colorado hunting adventure.  Apparently I brought winter back with me as it was cold and rainy all the way back to Texas.  Going over Monarch Pass (11,300 feet) in November was ‘interesting’; it has been a while since I have driven over ice and snow.  I really don’t have a theme for my humor this week, just a bunch a random jokes that I found funny.  I hope you do, too.

_____________

 

I recently took a language class. We learned about oxymorons.  It was a lot of fun; there were a lot of examples:

freezer burn;

original copy;

exact estimate;

truthful politician;

caring insurance,

Microsoft Works

~~~

Rick Astley will let you borrow any movie from his Pixar collection, except one. He’s never gonna give you Up.

‘’’’’

I told my doctor that I broke my arm in two places. He told me to stop going to those places.

++++

What do you call dangerous precipitation? A rain of terror.

======

“I stand corrected,” said the man in the orthopedic shoes.

>>>>> 

I asked my North Korean friend how it was over there, he said he couldn’t complain.

<<<<<< 

Recently I introduced two of my lisping friends to each other.
After a short but rough fist fight they realized that neither was mocking the other one.

^^^^^

A wife goes to consult a psychiatrist about her husband: “My husband is acting so weird. He drinks his morning coffee and then he goes and eats the mug! He only leaves the handle!”
Psychiatrist: “Yes, that is weird. The handle is the best part. “

-------

Late one night, a preacher was driving on a country road and had a wreck. A farmer stopped and said, "Sir, are you okay?"

The preacher said, "Yes, I had the Lord riding with me."

The farmer said, "Well, you better let him ride with me, because you're gonna kill him."

 

‘Ageisms’ from Dick

~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.

~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. It's called "pre-sleep".

~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.

~You tend to use more 4 letter words ... "what?"..."when?"... "what?" . ???

~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody mumbles.

~You have three sizes of clothes in your closet.... two of which you will never wear.

…..

You know you’re getting old when your insurance company sends you half a calendar.

 

I don’t have life insurance because I’m going out of this world the way I came into it… as a burden to my family.

 

Signs of the times

 

Sign on a shoe repair shop window:   

  We will heel you

  We will save your sole

  We will even dye for you.

 

A sign on a blinds & curtain truck:

   “Blind man driving.”

 

Sign over a gynecologist’s office:

   "Dr. Jones, at your cervix.”

 

In a podiatrist's office:

   "Time wounds all heels.”

 

On a septic tank truck:

   “Yesterday’s meals on wheels”

 

At an optometrist's office:

   "If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."

 

On a plumber's truck:

   "We repair what your husband fixed.”

 

On another plumber's truck:

    "Don’t sleep with a drip. Call your plumber.”

 

At a car dealership:

    "The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment.”

 

Outside a muffler shop:

    "No appointment necessary. We hear you coming.”

 

 At the electric company:

    "We would be delighted if you send in your payment on time.  

      However, if you don't, you will be de-lighted.”

 

In a restaurant window:

    "Don’t stand there and be hungry, come on in and get fed up.”

 

In a radiator shop:

    "Best place in town to take a leak.”

 

An apartment building is on fire and a woman screams out the window for help.
“Just jump out the window,” a man yells. “I’m a baseball player. I can catch you.”
“Wait,” she says. “What team do you play for?”
“The Cincinnati Reds,” shouts the man.
“Ehhhh,” shrugs the woman. “I’ll take my chances with the fire.”

------

Three farmers were sitting at the local cafe drinking coffee. The subject of the lottery and what they would do if they won came up.
"I think I would take some time off and go on a cruise. I've always wanted to go on a cruise." said the first farmer.
"First thing I would do is buy a fancy sports car. I've always wanted a fast car." said the second farmer.
The third farmer was sitting quietly, fidgeting a little. "Come on, what would you do with your millions?" Asked the other two farmers.
Reluctantly the third farmer answered "I reckon I would just go on farming like I have been until the money runs out."               

+++++

The CEO at Euro A Bank Ltd got economists thinking when he said:

"A cyclist is a disaster for a country's economy. He does not buy a car and does not take out a car loan. Does not buy car insurance. Does not buy fuel. Does not send his car for servicing and repairs. Does not use paid parking. Does not become obese.
Yes - and he stays well, damn it!! Healthy people are not needed for an economy.
They do not buy drugs. They do not go to hospitals and doctors. They take too long to die, depriving funeral homes of high casket charges. They add nothing to a country's GDP.
On the contrary, every new McDonald's outlet creates at least 30 jobs: 10 cardiologists, 10 dentists, 10 weight-loss experts apart from the people working in the McDonald's outlet.
Walking is even worse.
These people don't even buy a bicycle!!"

 

No comments: